Sunday 2 September 2012

So long, farewell...

The time has come to put this blog to bed.

I can hear the sound of wailing and gnashing of teeth all over the globe as my faithful fans (all two of you) lament its passing. It's been fun, but sadly it has rather slipped down my list of priorities recently and rather than dabble in it half-heatedly, I would rather bring the curtain down here and now. I won't delete it, so it will sit here encased in virtual aspic just in case anyone finds the meanderings of Weekender during 2011/12 of any interest whatsoever in the future...

'Frome With A View' started off as a challenge from a work colleague whose own blog has proved to be something of a success  (check it out at http://findyourdreamjob.wordpress.com/). And it's been most instructive to dip my toes into the weird and wonderful world of blogging.  By far the most gratifying aspect of the exercise has been when the occasional mini-debate about Life In Frome has taken off. So many, many thanks to you, if you have contributed.

But all good things etc, so I leave you with this. Some recent praise for Frome from TV presenter Dan Cruickshank. I think he sums up the place pretty well (though there aren't any Georgian mansions in Stony Street (neither is there an "e" in Stony); Gentle St has the mansions yes, but not Stony...):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/aug/17/dan-cruikshank-best-british-historic-towns?INTCMP=SRCH

So, 'til we meet again - in the virtual or the real world.

All best wishes,

Weekender.

PS Without realising it when I made the decision to stop, this turns out to be my 50th post. So that makes a rather neat ending, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment